Sunday, August 5, 2012

Lunch After Meeting at our new Favorite Restaurant

So after the meeting this morning we went next door to a little restaurant that is owned by a Witness family. First we were impressed with the simplicity of the menu. We had the choice of soup (sopa) and a plate of either pollo or carne. We ordered one bowl of soup because we thought it was chicken soup. We are still struggling with the language. It was fish soup......which was incredible. Lorie and Olivia had eaten several bites of it and were raving about the flavor. When I took a bite I smiled and asked Olivia how she liked the "chicken" soup. That was when I broke it to them that it was fish. Absolutely incredible flavor. Next we had 3 plates of pollo. We ate most of our food before I thought of getting pictures of the plates of food that we got. A large plate covered with beans, rice, a piece of chicken, and a fried egg on top of it all. More than any of us (except Connor) could finish....it is my supper tonight. 
Here is menu with the costs of the meals on it. Yes you are seeing it correctly....$2.75 for each.... I love it when they tell me that it is $11.50 for the whole family to eat lunch.


When I mentioned that it was a family business, that means that the entire family is involved. Here is the wait staff: 


They were on top of it all the entire time we were there. They brought out bowls of popcorn (traditional appetizer here in Ecuador), dishes of ahi (a traditional salsa that goes on anything you eat), they took our orders and brought us our food. They stayed busy taking finished dishes off the table and cleaning up. When I handed them each a 50 cent piece for their great service they lit up like I had just given them a new bike. 

We look forward to making this a regular stop for lunch on Sundays. 

No comments:

Post a Comment